TeraCopy – Easiest & Quickest way to move/copy files
TeraCopy is a very old application released early in 2007, which performs moving & copying files from a location to another. Usually, when a User move/copy files either way (PC to portable devices or Device to PC) it takes quiet an average time to fulfill the performed operation. But, practically Teracopy makes it quicker & faster than a random copy/move time. In simple terms, TeraCopy is a software application that moves or copies computer files.
TeraCopy uses dynamically adjusted buffers to reduce seek times. Asynchronous copy speeds up file transfer between two physical hard drives. The processes can be paused or resumed. The best past I like the most is, in case of transfer errors, TeraCopy will try several times; after that, it skips the faulty file and proceeds with the rest of the operation. TeraCopy also shows failed file transfers and allows the user to fix the problem and recopy the problematic files. TeraCopy can replace Explorer copy and move functions. The author asserts that it has full Unicode support.
Also, TeraCopy designed with quiet a fruitful features;
- Copy files faster. TeraCopy uses dynamically adjusted buffers to reduce seek times. Asynchronous copy speeds up file transfer between two physical hard drives.
- Pause and resume file transfers. Pause copy process at any time to free up system resources and continue with a single click.
- Error recovery. In case of copy error, TeraCopy will try several times and in the worse case just skip the file, not terminating the entire transfer.
- Interactive file list. TeraCopy shows failed file transfers and lets you fix the problem and recopy only problem files.
- Shell integration. TeraCopy can completely replace Explorer copy and move functions, allowing you work with files as usual.
- Full Unicode support.
- Windows 7 x64 support.
Another cool thing to mention is that TeraCopy Portable is available and is compatible with Portable Apps. TeraCopy completed the 56.1 GB file transfer in under an hour. While the transfer was being executed I noticed no lag time on any of the other things I was doing on my computer. It was as though it was not running at all.
Geek Opinion: I’d recommend you all to use this wonderful software to copy/move larger files in quicker time. Only one disadvantage is that it support windows platforms only for the moment. So, it’s a luckiest day for the windows users.
[box] More Info: Download/Buy TeraCopy & On Wiki [/box]